Gifted and Talented Classes
The Gifted and Talented program is an opportunity for motivated high achieving students to participate in a curriculum that is differentiated according to their areas of recognised potential. Successful applicants to the High Achievers classes will be placed in learning environments with alternative instructional modes. Each student will have a differentiated Learning Plan that can include:
- An academically challenging learning sequence
- A wide range of extra curricular enrichment
- Acceleration into advanced curriculum
Orange High School invites applications for students seeking entry into the High Achievers Class for students with gifts and talents. The process for application is as follows:
- Application forms for the Year 7 2019 High Achievers Class can be found here or by personally collecting the form from the front office in Woodward Street.
- Before returning the application form, please ensure all supporting documentation is attached. This includes NAPLAN reports, school reports, certificates of achievement and any other relevant supporting materials.
- Student and parent interviews will be conducted at Orange High School following the final closing date for applications. Parents will be contacted to arrange an interview at a suitable time. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application as soon as possible, following the interview. It should be noted that the purpose of the student interview is to allow the High Achievers Selection Panel to holistically assess the range of potential gifts and talents that each student may possess. Our philosophy ensures academic, social, sporting, artistic, performance and leadership skills are all given equal consideration.